Updated by David Rabkin
Integration+ connects your collaboration hub, Teams, to your ticketing software, Jira. Here's how it works from a technical perspective.
- Teams makes API calls to our services in Azure when events are triggered
- Our services make API calls to Teams to send messages, react to button clicks, etc
- Our services make API calls to Jira to read and write data
- We use OAuth flows
- Add the bot to Teams and allow the required permissions to start the process
- Add the app to Jira
- Create an application link in Jira (NOTE: This requires administrator permission)
- Complete the OAuth flow to allow access to the application link
- All communication is API based
- Teams makes API calls to our systems.
- We make API calls to Teams over HTTPS with OAuth
Jira / JSM (Jira Service Management) Communication
- Communication is API and webhook based
- Jira sends data via webhooks to our systems
- We make API calls to Jira over HTTPS with OAuth
Read more about our security here.